Certain months are better than others for a wedding:
- Married when the year is new, he’ll be loving, kind & true,
- When February birds do mate, You wed nor dread your fate.
- If you wed when March winds blow, joy and sorrow both you’ll know.
- Marry in April when you can, Joy for Maiden & for Man.
- Marry in the month of May, and you’ll surely rue the day.
- Marry when June roses grow, over land and sea you’ll go. June is the best month to get married. Romans believed that Juno, their goddess of woman, blessed marriages that took place in her month.
- Those who in July do wed, must labor for their daily bred.
- Whoever wed in August be, many a change is sure to see.
- Marry in September’s shrine, your living will be rich and fine.
- If in October you do marry, love will come but riches tarry.
- If you wed in bleak November, only joys will come, remember.
- When December snows fall fast, marry and true love will last.