- If you don’t cover your bald head it will start raining.
- If you shave your head on a Saturday, you will be in perpetual debt
- You shouldn’t wash your hair the day before an exam.
- Hair at no age must be cut at the waning of the moon, which would prevent it growing luxuriantly.
- Hair cut off should always be burned; it unlucky to throw shorn hair away; otherwise, birds might make a nest of your hair, weaving tightly, so that you would have difficulty rising on your last day.
- Choosing to cut your hair (or nails) on a particular day means the following: Cut them on Monday, you cut them for health; cut them on Tuesday, you cut them for wealth; cut them on Wednesday, you cut them for news; cut them on Thursday, a new pair of shoes; cut them on Friday, you cut them for sorrow; cut them on Saturday, see your true love tomorrow; cut them on Sunday, the devil will be with you all the week.